Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Sorting through books

I need to have a sort through of my children's bookshelf. This shouldn't feel like a daunting task but it does. I think it is due to the fact that there are so many books on their shelves that they have outgrown but we all have an emotional attachment to. I know we can't keep every book forever but it's hard to decide which ones to keep and which to donate. There are some books that will be kept forever and there's simply no question about it. Such as: Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey, The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle and Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown. There are so many other books that have been so well loved in our house that it is hard to know which to keep and which to let go. How do you decide? I honestly wish we didn;t have to part with any of them but I know that we must. We simply don't have the room in our home to keep every book my children and I purchase to read. 

The books I listed are early childhood favorites. There are certainly more that they have fallen in love as middle grade readers. This bookshelf sort through has needed to be done for a while now but I just keep putting it off because if I don;t really want to do it then of course they won;t want to, either. It NEEDS to be done, though! They're running out of room for their books. It's a wonderful 'problem' to have but it is still one that needs to be addressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment