Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Revision

Image result for quotes about revision

I love John Steinbeck and this quote is so me! This quote also falls in line with my love for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). The entire philosophy of NaNoWriMo is this quote exactly - write the entire story as quickly as possible without censure or revision. Then, once the first draft is complete, go back and revise.

I took what I already knew to be true for me and applied it to a short story I had running around in my head. I sat for my allotted writing time for a couple of days and wrote down the story in my head. Then I set it aside while I worked on other stuff. This week I brought the short story out again and I have been revising it. I'm going to go through it once more but I am finally coming to a happy place - or at least a place of understanding - with this story. 

It feels good to be revising. It feels even better to be taking steps forward. 



No comments:

Post a Comment