Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Reading with my kids

Around Christmas of 2015 I started reading with my kids again. I used to read to them most every day when they were smaller. However that slowly went away as they got bigger and became independent readers. It was something I missed so much, though. Then, by chance, my oldest asked me to read to them one night during Christmas break. I was thrilled and happily read to them before they went to sleep. The next night they asked me to do it again. About the fourth or fifth night in they wanted to know why we'd stopped reading together at night and if we could start it up again. So we did and we haven't stopped.

It has been so wonderful reading to and with my kids again each night. It is something we all look forward to every night. So far this year we have read the first two Land of Stories books. Now we're reading a book called The Key to Extraordinary by Natalie Lloyd. It is a wonderful book - a little sad, though. Still, we're enjoying the adventure in the book and the time to spend together each night.

No comments:

Post a Comment