Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Writer's Conference

I have wanted to go to a writer’s conference for quite some time. However, the conferences that I have been interested in have been too far away or at the wrong time for us financially. Today I was looking up information for the annual Romance Writers of America conference. It always takes place the last weekend in July. This year it is happening in New York City. I would LOVE to go this year but it just is not possible. However, I am definitely going in 2016. For one thing, I have almost a year-and-a-half to plan. Also, it’s happening in San Diego which is much closer to home and therefore makes it doable from a financial prospect.

While I was perusing the RWA site I clicked on information about local chapters (more on this to come in a later post). While on the local website I found information on another writer’s conference that is happening right near home at the end of March. The more I read about the conference the more I wanted to go. Then, I swear, everything just seemed to line up. So, I’m going to my first writer’s conference at the end of March and I am incredibly excited! I’m nervous, too.

There will be agents and editors at this conference. There will also be workshops galore. I’ll have the opportunity to pitch my manuscripts and possibly even have some critiqued. As I said, I am nervous but so, so excited. I will definitely be sharing more about this as I learn more details. Of course after the conference I’m certain I’ll have even more to share. I have a lot to polish up in order to be prepared for this conference but I’m going to do it. I have nearly seven weeks to get all my ducks in a row but I’m confident I can make the best use of my time.

Have you ever been to a writer’s conference? Do you have any tips or advice to share about attending? I’d love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment