Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

Five Musicals on Friday

A couple (maybe a few) weeks ago I did a post about five books on Friday. Since then I have read and loved two of the five books. I want to read the other three and will. Today I thought it would be fun to write about musicals. This is most likely due to the fact that my daughter is in her school musical and therefore they are on my mind.

Do you like musicals? I LOVE them and have since I was a small child. I used to watch musicals with my grandma. She loved Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire and others who had talent like theirs. She loved Julie Andrews and Doris Day so I did, too. Now that I'm an adult I love musicals because I think the singing, dancing and costumes are fantastic. My kids have a love for musicals, too. Now that one of my children has had a taste of being a part of a musical I expect they will become a bigger part of our family life for a while. In fact, there is a summer production put on at a local community theater every year. My kids are already talking about taking part in it this year.

I would love to know if you like musicals. If so, what are some of your favorites?

I LOVE:

1. Mary Poppins - I adore Julie Andrews! Mary Poppins has been a special part of my life as long as I can remember. As I said, I used to watch musicals with my grandma. She introduced me to Mary Poppins and I introduced my kids.

2. White Christmas - I know it's technically a Christmas movie but it is still one of my all-time favorite musicals. I especially love the dance scenes in this one.

3. Grease - I've seen this on Broadway. I really enjoyed it on Broadway but of course, my favorite version of this is the movie with Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta. In fact, the soundtrack to the movie was the first album I owned as a child. My mom and dad got it for me one year for my birthday. I still have it and my kids listen to it over and over again.

4. The Sound of Music - Julie Andrews again. However, I love everything about this story and it is done so well.

5. Singin' in the Rain - Here's another one that makes me think fabulous! This is also another that I remember watching with my grandma. She liked Gene Kelly.

I could easily go on and on with this list but I will stop with five. Please feel free to share your favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment