Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Discovering I Love a New Genre

I have discovered that I love western-themed books.  I realize this is in no way a new genre but it is new to me.  I'm reading a contemporary western by Lorelei James and I am loving it, especially the protective cowboys in the story.  Believe me, this has been quite a reading revelation.  Now I am super curious about this entire genre - the contemporaries and the historicals.  What about you? Have you ever discovered a love for an entirely new-to-you genre? And did you get a little obsessed with it? Oh, and if you like this genre, do you have any book recommendations for me?

In case you're curious, this new-found love is a result of my daughter's interest in country music.  We've found a lot of great country songs that we are enjoying together.  Then, of course, I got curious about the books and decided to dive in, imagination first.

No comments:

Post a Comment