Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Musing Monday's - Collecting

Musing Monday's is hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. This week’s musing:

Are you currently collecting any authors? Why?



Do you have all of their books? If not, why not?


Did you buy all the books in the collection at the same time, or did you buy a book here, a book there? Have you actually read all of the collection? If not, why not?

I like this set of musings.  Authors that I collect without hesitation or doubt are J.K. Rowling and Nora Roberts.  I have all of the Harry Potter series by Rowling and all of the little, related books by her, as well.  Such as Tales of Beedle the Bard.  I am slowly collecting all of Nora Robers/J.D. Robb's books.  She had many (I don't know the exact number) and it is taking me some time but that is all right.

I also have most but not all of the books written by John Steinbeck.  I just adore him and his writings.  He has such a way of getting at the heart of humanity - even the grittier aspects of human kind.

As for collecting just to have a series - I don't really do that.  If I am curious about a series - I'll check out the first book or two from the library and go from there.  If I like them a lot then I'll probably get the entire series but only if I can do so in an inexpensive fashion.

How about you? Do you collect books for the sheer sake of having them? Or are you picky about the ones you gather and keep?

No comments:

Post a Comment