Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Camp and Coffee

While camp and coffee probably sound like they go together; in the context of this post, they really don't.  So, I'll start with Camp as it's the more exciting (in my opinion, anyway) of the two topics.  As many of you know I go on a little writing adventure each November called NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month).  It's an international event, by the way.  I have no idea why it's called 'National'.  Digression aside, the lovely people of NaNoWriMo have put together a summer program called Camp NaNoWriMo.  It's the same idea as in November - write 50,000 words toward the first draft of a new novel in a one month time span.  It's fun, it's crazy, it's sleep-stealing.  It's the best thing ever! Camp happened in July and is occurring again for August.  I was originally going to be ultra insane and take on both months but life had other plans for my family in July.  So, starting tomorrow (at 12:01 a.m. to be precise) I am going to Camp and taking the journey toward 50,000 words by month's end.  Care to join in the fun? They're in the process of assigning cabin mates.

I am a coffee addict.  There, I've admitted it.  I've heard it said that admitting you have a problem is the first step to fixing it.  Well, for me, the next step is that I am giving up coffee.  100%, cold turkey, stopping the coffee.  Besides the fact that it's a somewhat expensive habit (I love Starbucks), it doesn't really have any substantial health benefits - like tea does.  Oh, and there's also the fact that my husband and I think I might be allergic to coffee.  I have super annoyingly bad eczema.  I've dealt with it all my life but it's gotten so bad over the past few years.  And we realized that that is the time frame in which I really started drinking a lot of coffee.  A couple of months ago we thought it was chocolate and thankfully it wasn't.  I've done a lot of research the past couple of days about coffee allergies and I fit almost all of the criteria.  So, goodbye coffee.  It's been nice but if you are the root of my miserably itch skin - I won't miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment