Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

NaNo Update and A Christmas Carol Read-a-Long

There are a couple of things I'd like to blog about this afternoon.  One, I want to report that NaNoWriMo is going quite well.  yesterday was tough (no time to write until the little ones went to bed) but today has gone a lot better.  I rearranged my schedule to better suit the needs of everyone in my family and it has worked wonders.  At least for today.  I hope it continues.  Also, I am ahead in my word count which always feels good.  Plus, it makes my husband happy because I can watch a movie with him tonight.  Truthfully, that makes me happy, too.  AND, I'll actually be able to read my book tonight before going to sleep.  The simplest things make me happy.  LOL

The other thing on my mind is doing a read-a-long for Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol.  I posted about wanting to read it the other day in my Musing Monday's post.  Debbie commented that she wants to read it, as well.  That got me to thinking about doing an online read-a-long, book club sort of deal for this.  The thing is - I've never done one of these online and I'm not certain how to get it started.  Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm going to figure this out because now that it's in my head, I REALLY want to do it.

2 comments:

  1. When I started my blog, the intent was to do sort of a online book club. I got a lot of good feedback from Goodreads. you can use them as the forum for your book discussion. If you go to http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/383850-the-last-chinese-chef-book-discussion-and-review, you can see kind of what I set up for that. Hope it helps. Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how to do it, but I'll do it with you. :~) I will keep checking your blog to see when we start.

    ReplyDelete