Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Green Books Campaign

I was just visiting Kelly's France Blog and she has an amazing post about the Green Books Campaign.  I had no idea such a movement even existed.  It makes sense, considering how many people are environmentally conscious.  My family recycles because we feel like it's the right thing to do.  I know it's not for everyone but it feels good to teach my kids about something easy they can do to help the environment.

That being said - I do sometimes feel a little guilty about all of my books and the paper used to print them on.  I admit that it's not guilty enough to not buy them (although I have started using the library a lot more) but I do think about this issue.  So I am quite glad to learn that there are books being printed on recycled and eco-friendly papers.  Hopefully, with more awareness, this will become commonplace rather than selective.

1 comment:

  1. My family also recycles as much as possible. My parents and grandparents have always been very eco-conscious. My parents used to always remind us not to waste paper and whatnot. What really makes me sad is when people don't care. Some towns don't have recycling programs, and until recently, my campus didn't have many places to recycle paper and plastic.

    I also love that my town has a wonderful composting site where anyone can take weeds, old Christmas trees, and anything else really that's compostable, and the town composts it, and then in the Spring gives it out to whoever wants it for their gardens.

    Hopefully the Green Books Campaign will continue to grow each year :)

    ReplyDelete