Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Writing again

Image result for writing again quotes

I'm so happy to be writing fiction again. I took December off to give myself a break from everything, to spend the holidays focused on my family and to evaluate my goals. I knew I wanted to keep writing. I still know I want to be published but I needed the time off in order to remind myself that I write because I LOVE it. I think it's okay - more than okay actually - to want to be published but at the core I believe one should write because they have an intrinsic love for doing so. When I realized that I was actually missing the act of writing for the pleasure of discovering and telling the story in my head it was a relief. Yes, a relief. 

I've had a certain story in my head for a few years now but never felt ready to tell it. I'm ready to tell it now and have started writing it. I started it last week and have made a bit of progress on it. I'm going to write this stor while continuing to submit my others. I won't give up but I won't lose track of my love for the writing again either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment