Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Habit Tracking and Revision

I've recently discovered a thing called Bullet Journaling and it has almost overnight helped me improve certain things in my life. If you don't know what Bullet Journaling is it's a type of planning and organization that is highly addictive. Be warned, if you look up Bullet Journal you will go down a rabbit hole if you find that you are interested in it. It's all over YouTube, Instagram and Facebook. People have blogs and stores ad Etsy shops related to it. I speak from recent experience. You have been fairly warned.

Anyway, in planning out my weeks and days in an attempt to be more organized and productive I found that I wanted to track my water intake. I wasn't drinking nearly enough. Each day I made a grid of eight little boxes and colored in one for each eight ounce glass of water I drank. I found myself drinking my water because I wanted to color in thos boxes. I know, it sounds silly, but it works! Then I made a visual representation for a couple of other things that I wanted to achieve and it worked there, too.

I am so happy about these positive changes that I am going to begin tomorrow (May 1st) with a daily revision tracker. I need to do this because editing is my least favorite part of the writing process. And yet it is necessary. So, since I have seen the positive response I have to tracking my habits - and know that it works for me with writing - I'm going to do the same with revisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment