Musing Monday's asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying about it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I am reading It Had to be You by Jill Shalvis. It's the seventh book in her Lucky Harbor series. I was late in discovering this series but I am so glad I finally gave it a try because I seriously love it. This is Ali and Luke's love story and I am really, really loving and enjoying this book.
Ali is a really nice, good-hearted, loving woman who has had a really rough life. And yet she is so optimistic and still willing to embrace and the richness life has to offer. Luke is a burned out detective who is weighed down by guilt. He comes home to Lucky Harbor looking for peace and quiet but can't seem to find it. He doesn't want to get involved with the current mess that Ali is in but can't keep away from her either. I'm a little over halfway through this book and can't wait to see how things develop between Ali and Luke. This is Jill Shalvis and Lucky Harbor so I know that this wonderful couple will get their happy ending. I'm thoroughly pleased by their journey thus far and expect that I will continue to be so.