Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon

I am so excited for Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon. It is happening once again on Saturday, October 18, 2014. Twenty days. I've participated in the readathon several times and always have a blast. However, I didn't get to participate this past April. My family and I were out of town at an amazing music festival. We had a great family experience with music we all love but I still missed doing the readathon. Actually, so did my older daughter. So, we will definitely be involved in this go-around.

Let me explain just in case any of you are wondering what in the world I am talking about. Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon is just that, 24 hours of reading books and book related fun (and sometimes craziness). There are fun challenges that you can take part in if you choose. You can cheer readers along, you can blog, watch motivational videos or, you know, actually read. Another thing that is nice about the readathon is that you don't have to do it for the entire twenty-four hours. This is a really good thing as I've never made it the entire time. Someday I hope to do so - maybe even this October - but I haven't made it as of yet. That's all right though because it's an amazing event with people participating from all over the world. I love knowing that there are so many bookaholics out there.

I also love the fact that my kids are excited about this event. As I said, my older daughter missed it last time. My younger daughter has understood what this event in the past but she really wants to be involved with it this time. They both (my youngest especially) love to read so I am very happy about that. They are being adorable about the whole thing. They are already planning how many books they want to get from the library for the readathon. My oldest is planning snacks. I am entirely on board with them and so looking forward to this fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment