Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Artistic Expression and Emotion

In keeping with my desire to be a more active blogger I have been looking for ideas on what to blog about. I should say ideas that (mostly) go along with the writing and books themes of my blog here. On this quest I discovered The Daily Post. This blog posts a daily theme to blog about and today's is:

Moved to Tears

Do movies, songs, or other forms of artistic expression easily make you cry? Tell us about a recent tear-jerking experience!

I will admit that I am a crier. I am someone that will cry over a touching commercial (think Hallmark), a song, a scene in a movie or even my own writing if it's a particularly emotional part. I personally believe that being able to pull emotions (any emotions at all) to the surface for a person is a sign of something well created.

When was the last time I cried over a piece of art? It was a little over two hours ago. I was driving home and Luke Bryan's song Drink a Beer came on the radio. That song gets me teary eyed and emotion every time I hear it. Every. Single. Time. Now granted, I don't cry as hard now as I did when I first heard it but still, I have to blink away the tears and swallow a lump of emotion every time it plays. The song, in case you haven't heard it, is about losing a loved one and remembering the times spent together. Like I said, it gets me every time. It's a beautiful song.

Here's the YouTube link for Drink A Beer if you're interested in hearing the song and seeing the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment