Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Musing Monday's - Getting Ready

Musing Monday's is hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. This week’s musing asks:
What do you do with the book before you start reading it?


The first thing I do with any book before I read it is clean it.  Yes, I know that sounds funny but it's so true.  Whether the book is from the library or the book store, other people have been touching it and handling it - so I clean it first.  Then I read the back or the flaps again - even though I've already done so in making my decision to read the book.  Then I read the author biography.  I'm always interested in the author and what she or he has done.  I also like to see how long the book is - the number of pages.  Finally, I read the book.

2 comments:

  1. There isn't much to my reading prep, and you certainly have a unique one! Here' my MM: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/musing-monday-10/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a flap reader/author info reader, too. It never occurred to me to clean the book.

    ReplyDelete