Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

A Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon - Wrap Up

Last week I participated in The True Book Addict's A Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon.  I had high hopes for completing three books.  Well, I didn't read three but I did read two complete books:

1.Tempt Me at Twilight by Lisa Kleypas (loved this book)
2.Collusion by Stuart Neville (a bit ambivalent about this one; liked the prequel better)

As someone who generally averages one book per week - I am quite happy with this.  Now I am going to finish George Orwell's 1984 this week.  I've been waiting on my husband to get back to reading it with me.  He recently admitted that he wasn't sure when he'd want to read it again.  So. I'm going on ahead without him.  I want to know what is going to happen in this creepy book.

Thanks to Michelle for hosting this read-a-thon.  She will be hosting another one in April called Spring's Serenity Read-s-Thon.  The pretty name alone catches my attention.  Oh, and for those who participate in Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon - there will be no conflict.

Have a great week!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Sheery! I'm glad you enjoyed it and that you're proud of what you accomplished. Being able to finish two books in one week is impressive to me. Thanks for joining me and I'm looking forward to you being with us in the Spring.

    I really need to read 1984. I don't blame you for going on without your husband. If I had to wait for my husband to read something with me (he's NOT a reader), my hair would be completely grey...LOL!

    ReplyDelete