Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays: 1984 by George Orwell

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. To play along, do the following:


Grab your current read -

Open to a random page -

Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page -

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teaser.
 
This is my first time reading the classic, 1984.  It's a frightening account of a Big Brother society.  I read my teasert a few days ago and it still makes me nauseous to think of a world that would promote these things.  My frightening teaser, from page 26:


WAR IS PEACE.
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY.
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

5 comments:

  1. Those are odd things for any book to say. 1984 huh?

    mine is here: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2011/01/11/reader-teaser-tuesday-fair-game/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Teaser Tuesday!
    My teaser is here
    Please check out and comment on my interview with a wonderful nonprofit 'Mom to Madre' that helps spread literacy to families and helps mothers adjust to differences in their lives when going from one language to another! Thank you!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never read this book and don't think I don't want too.

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Steve Finnell said...

    you are invited to follow my blog"

    I feel like I just had deja vu :)

    My Tuesday teaser which I will put here instead of in my blog:

    "The words were those of a madman, but they were spoken evenly."

    ReplyDelete