Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Musing Monday's


Musing Monday's is hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page. This week, Rebecca asks:
Are you a reader of war books? And if so, do you have any favourites?
I don't intentionally go on the hunt for books set in or about wartime. However, I have read a few that have stuck with me. I would even say that I enjoyed the books even though they were incredibly sad. Is there such a thing as a 'happy' wartime book?

The first wartime book I can remember reading is The Diary of Anne Frank. Recently I read The Postmistress by Sarah Blake and The Geurnsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. All of these books have very differnt takes on war but I found them all engagin and in their own way educational. It seems, based on these choices that I go for books about World War 2 but I also find the American Civil War a very interesting (and again, sad) era to read about.

1 comment:

  1. the more I think about it, I realize that there are a number of books I have liked that were set during a war, but I really do not seek out that setting and would not consider myself a war book "fan".
    actually. I am not really a fan of most historical novels... ;-)

    ReplyDelete