Pages

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Words are magic

Image result for word are magic albus dumbledore

This week twenty years ago Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was released in the United Kingdom. I, for one, am so, so grateful for the magic that J.K. Rowling created with her Harry Potter series. I clearly recall hearing all sorts of excitement and buzz about a Harry Potter book. When I did the second book Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was either about to come out or just had. So of course I grabbed the first book and read it. I have never looked back and waited with excitement and some impatience for the release of each new book. I went to midnight release parties and introduced many friends to the books.

My husband and I were coming home from our honeymoon when Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was released. He immediately drove us to Borders so I could get my book and we enjoyed the midnight release together. Our kids attended the last two release parties with us. They don't remember that, of course, but they do remember going to the midnight release party of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child last summer. So yes, Harry Potter has meant the world to them through their childhood. In fact, my oldest is currently reading through the books on her own and loving it. To say this franchise has been important in my life over the last twenty years would be an understatement. I am eternally happy and grateful for the fact that J.K. Rowling created a series of books about The Boy Who Lived and shared him and his friends with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment