Pages

Monday, September 12, 2016

Write every day


"Just write every day of your life. Read intensely. Then see what happens. Most of my friends who are put on that diet have very pleasant careers."

Ray Bradbury

I have been a writer most of my life. Three years ago I decided to take on a challenge called Write Chain. The premise of which is to develop a daily writing habit. The participants were meant to think of each day as a chain in their writing journey. I wrote about my journey in December of 2013 when I had reached 100 days of straight writing. I am amazed, excited and humbled that I have been writing every single day for three years now. 

I will continue with my daily writing. It has become essential to me. I need to write every day almost as much as I need to breathe. I am so thankful that I found that challenge and decided to take it on. My writing has improved in ways I didn't even know it could improve. I've had a couple of short stories published and interest in my novels. I am currently finishing up a novel that I pitched the idea about to one of the well-known publishers. They liked my idea and said write the book so that is what I have been doing. I will finish writing it within the next two weeks. Then I will spend the rest of September and all of October revising said novel. I will submit it by the end of October and cross my fingers hoping for the best.

As of today, I am beginning year four of my daily writing. I'm excited to see where this year takes me on my writing journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment