Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Personal Writing Challenge

April is the month that the same people who put on NaNoWriMo do an event called Script Frenzy.  The idea is to write a 100 page script during the 30 days of April.  I've known about this April creative endeavor for three years and each year I've contemplated doing it.  I have also decided against it (chickened out) each year. This year is no exception and really, I don't want to write a script at this point in my life.  I feel that I may want to someday but not right now.

What I am going to do is challenge myself to a half NaNoWriMo.  In November (and this year during June and August) the goal is to write 50,000 words over a one month period of time.  So, during April, I'm giving myself a writing kick in the butt and going for at least 25,000 words.  If I write more than that, great, but I'm aiming for at least the 25,000.  I need to do this because I've been in a major writing rut.

A bonus for me is that I had a great idea for a new story today and have already started it.  I have 1,076 words completed toward my goal.  I feel I'm off to a nice beginning and hope very much to stick with it this month.  Is anyone else participating in Script Frenzy this month? Or are you perhaps challenging yourself to another writing goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment