Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Musing Monday's - Book Clubs

Musing Monday's is hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. This week’s musing asks:
Do you belong to any book clubs — face-to-face, or online? If so, how long have you been with the group(s)? If not, why?
When I was pregnant with my first child I belonged to my first book club.  We found each other through the Oprah book club online.  I loved it.  I read several books with them that I probably never would have picked up on my own.  In fact, I find that to be true for any book club.  My husband and I moved when our baby was small and I lost touch with the women in that group.

After our second child was born I belonged to another that was teeny tiny but still fun and informative.  One of the other women moved and that group.fizzled out too.  Around the same time I went in search of an online book club and found one! It's linked with the Baby Center website and I still belong to it.  I've been with this one for about five years and absolutely love the constant camaraderie of other book lovers.

Additionally, one of my closest friends and I have our very own 'book club'.  I put it in quotes because it's just her and I.  We've tried to get others involved with us but people are just not interested or too busy.  That's all right though because we have fun with it.  Plus, discussing the books gives us a great excuse to get out together every few weeks.  Even though the books aren't all we talk about when we go out - it's still super nice to have the book talk and adult friend time away.  We've been doing this for a couple of years now and I don't see it ending any time soon.  Thank goodness!

1 comment: