Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

State of Writing

It has been nearly two months since I have gotten any really good writing done - since completing NaNoWriMo in November.  It's not unusual for me to get little writing done in December; but here we are, nearly done with January and I've written very, very little.  I'm in a writing rut and I am definitely feeling it.  This is what the hazy 'they' mean when talking about sittinf rear in chair and writing.  I'm afraid if I wait for the elusive inspiration to strike it'll be midsummer and I'll be upset about not getting anything done for half the year.

So, I have decided to commit myself to a writing challenge I found at Inkygirl.  I will write at least 500 words of fiction per day.  She has other levels - 250 and 1,000 words per day but I feel that 500 is the right challenge for me at this time.  I have a really pretty calendar that was included in one of my craft magazines in December.  It is going to be used simply for tracking my writing goals and accomplishments for 2012.  I plan to write the 500 words per day in each square - along with other writing goals to be shared in future posts.

2 comments:

  1. Go for it! You can do it! I got your back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should count your NaNoWriMo editing. Thanks for the inspiration, Sheery!

    Katy (BBC justuskats)

    ReplyDelete