Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Musing Monday's - Print vs. Electronic

Musing Monday's is hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. This week’s musing:

What devices –if any– do you read books on? Do you find it enjoyable, or still somewhat bothersome? Or: If you only read the print books, why haven’t you chosen to read on any devices?



I have a Barnes and Noble Nook.  I love to read on it but it by no means replaces my love for print books.  What I like about the Nook is the ability to have so many books with you at one time.  And if I finish one and don't have another on hand, I can find, buy and be reading a new book in minutes.  I also like that I can adjust the size of the font; usually it's needs to be larger as my eyes tire but I don't want to stop reading.

The Nook will never replace my actual print books, though.  I love seeing the books I own on my shelves.  I love the colors and textures and sheer beauty of the covers of print books; I can't get that with a Nook.  Plus, I absolutely love, love, love the smell of books! So far, no one has figured out how to duplicate the smell of a book with an electronic device, or the sound of a turning page.  Honestly, even if there was something like either of these on my Nook - I still don't think it would be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment