Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

WriYe in 2010

After completing NaNoWriMo in November (and winning it with 53,700 words) I went in search of another writing challenge. I found this one called WriYe which means writing year and was born from (but not by the same people) NaNoWriMo. Basically, you choose a word count that you want to achieve during the twelve months of a calendar year and go for it. Thankfully, it's acceptable to adjust your word count if necessary. I chose to do 500,000 words and already I'm wondering if 365,000 may have been more sane. Time will tell, I suppose. I'm anxious to get started, though. I discovered that I like having a deadline to meet. The challenge begins on January 1st and runs through December 31st and anything written goes. I'm anticipating getting a lot done in 2010. Of course, I still say I'm getting published next year, too! :)

The above was my original LJ post on 12/30/09. Since this year has begun - I've written only slightly more than 3,000 words. I've been so tired and not really feeling that great. I hope I snap out of it soon so that I can get moving on the writing again! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun challenge! I totally wimped out of NaNoWriMo last year and hope I'll do better in '10 (it's still weird to type "'10" as our year, by the way! Crazy!). Good luck with your writing pursuits this year and always! :)

    ReplyDelete