Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Ghosts of Belfast by Stuart Neville

The Ghosts of Belfast is published in Great Britain as The Twelve. This is an astonishing debut novel and I personally hope to be able to read quite a lot more by Stuart Neville.

Gerry Fegan is an ex-IRA hit man. He is being haunted by twelve ghosts of innocent people that he killed. The ghosts want revenge and Gerry wants redemption. I found this book extremely compelling and often disturbing. I also found it to be enlightening about a part of Irish history that I have heard quite a lot about. This is an amazing work of fiction but I still feel like I understand more about the people who were involved in this time in history.

I don't want to give any more of the storyline away. However, I think it's a book well worth reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment