Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Writers Conferences

A writers conference is something I used to want to give a try. Now that I've been to two I know that I LOVE them! I will be going to my third one this weekend! Two years ago I went to the California Dreamin' Writers Conference for the first time and fell in love with the event! It was so nice and truly amazing to be surrounded by people - mostly women but some men, as well - on the same journey as me. We're all at different places in our career but the end goal is to be a published author and that camaraderie felt - and still feels - AMAZING!

Last summer I went to my first national conference for the Romance Writers of America. THis is an annual event and at some point I'd love to go every year. Hopefully that will happen before too much longer. However, I can't make the national RWA conference this year so I will go to California Dreamin' Writers Conference once again this weekend. The keynote speakers are Robyn Carr and Sarah MacLean. I'm looking forward to hearing both of them.

There are also several workshops I am looking forward to. Such as, Self-Editing: Ten Tips to Make Your Words Pop, Working Past the Fear, Writing the Romance Novella, Mastering the Art of Great Conflict and Pros in Your Prose t name a few!

I am looking forward to a great weekend with writer friends, possible new friends to be made and a lot of learning about this writers life that I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment