Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Take the Risk

Image result for quotes about writers conferences

I love this quote and believe it to be absolutely TRUE! I attended the California Dreamin' Writers Conference this weekend and it was amazing! Robyn Carr and Sarah MacLean were the Keynote speakers and both had wonderful and inspirational things to say about this writing life! The crux of both of their speeches was to WRITE! What a surprise, right? It was nice - and well-timed - to hear it, though. Another thing I took away from this weekend was a reminder to stay true to myself, my writing style and what I want to write!

I have been told a couple of times recently, "You can't write that. No one will want to read that." It was discouraging, to say the least. I was reminded during Sarah MacLean's speech today to "Take the Risk!" So I'm going to do just that - Take the risk! I'm excited, nervous and hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment