Pages

Monday, March 21, 2016

Musing Mondays: Movie better than the book?

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
Musing Mondays | BooksAndABeat.com
  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…
THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: Have you ever read a book after watching the movie/television version only to find that you don’t like the book as much as the adaptation?

I am one of the people in the world who firmly believes the book is better than the movie. That's not to say I haven't seen movies I liked that were based on the book. It's just that ninety-nine percent of the time I think the book was far superior to the movie.

That being said, one of my all-time favorite movies is The Princess Bride. The movie is based on a book and I didn't know this for many years after falling in love with the book. So when I saw the book in Costco, I literally squealed. My husband and children just looked at me. I was so thrilled. While this book will forever sit on my bookshelf, I didn't like it anywhere near as much as the movie. It still seems like the oddest thing to me but it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment