Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

The State of Writing

It’s a new year and I’m happy to share that I am still writing. In fact, I started the first draft of a new novel last week and it is keeping me rather entertained right now. I have continued with my WriteChain challenge (have a writing or editing goal for every day and stick to it) and I am up to link (meaning days) number 492. It amazes me to think of how far I have come as a writer due to this one challenge and making daily writing a goal and a priority. I will be forever grateful for this challenge and to Skye Fairwin for creating it.

I’ve had another short story published. I’m happy and thrilled about it, of course. It makes me feel like I am one step closer to getting my books published. I admit to wondering just how long this staircase is, though. Sometimes I feel really discouraged about not having any of my books published yet but then I realize it is par for the course I’ve chosen to take. Now I’m feeling positive about it again. I tell myself thsat each day is one day closer. And every time I submit a manuscript I’m one step closer.

Speaking of submitting manuscripts; I have a couple (possibly several) that need editing. For a bit of time before the holidays I was editing every day. I need to get back to that routine. I’ve just decided that when I’m done writing this post I’m going to edit. I have a manuscript that I am going through for the third time. This should be the final time but even if it isn’t – it is so close to being complete. You know what – I’m going to get it done by the end of the month and start submitting it in February. Please feel free to ask me about any of this any time. It will keep me accountable. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment