Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Musing Monday's - Series

Musing Monday's is hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. This week’s musing, — courtesy of http://ladywithbooks.wordpress.com– asks…
Do you have a favorite series? Do you have a favorite book out of that series?

My favorite series is J.D. Robb's In Death books.  I was rather late getting into this series, too.  I have been a huge Nora Roberts fan since college but had always been afraid to try her In Death series as JDR.  I'm not really a fan of gruesome books and I thought this one would be like that. 

WHile I was pregnant with my first child, she released a book called Remember When.  The first half of the book is written as NR and modern; while the second half is written as JDR, in the future In Death Manhattan.  I devoured the first half f the book and was left hanging for the resolution and cautiously read the second half.  That was all it took and I've been a huge fan of the series ever since.  I went back to the beginning and read the series in order.  It took me a while to catch up but now I chomp at the bit waiting for the next installment to come out.  In fact, I'm currently number two on the library waiting list for the latest.

As for a favorite in the series - Vision in Death.  I have to say though that the characters and the love story between the Eve and Roarke are definitely what keep me glued to and happily invested in this series.  The homicide cases are very interesting and well done but it's the relationships that keep me coming back for more - time and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment