Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

NaNoWriMo Wrap-Up

The chaos that was my Novemeber is complete - thank goodness.  Anyone who pays even the slightest attention to my blog knows I am a writer and that I love (practically need) to write.  And also knows how much I adore and look forward to the writing challenge that is National Novel Writing Month.  This year the insanity felt tenfold though as we also moved our family at the beginning of the month.  So, in addition to all the regualr day-to-day activities, there was moving, unpacking, a field trip (of course!), oh and 1,667 words per day.  I felt like I must be an insane person for even trying to take it on.  And yet, I did - and I won! Not only did I win but for the first time in my short NaNo history - I have a complete first draft.  AND I am really happy with it.  Believe me - that is a complete shock to me.  Now, December (and realistically into January) I will edit this first draft.  My goal is to have it complete and heading out into the world looking for a publishing home by February.

In the meantime, I fully intend to enjoy my holidays with my family and friends in our new home.  I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday season, as well!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Sheery! What an awesome accomplishment and show of your commitment!

    ReplyDelete