Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2021

One Day at a Time

 I have not made a blog post in nearly two years. I have struggled with what to write so I wrote nothing here and I'm a little sad about that. While I have been thinking about what to write it dawned on me that I could share this uncertainty. Maybe someone else has felt the same way - either about writing or some other endeavor or life in general. 

We all know what the past year has been like. Everyone has had to change their life in some way. People have lost their lives (either to Covid or other illnesses {we lost two family members last year and a dear friend at the beginning of this one} or accidents) and families and friends are left to mourn and figure out how to carry on. People we love and care for have had to deal with so much. I don't mean for this post to be completely sad and melancholy but I want to acknowledge that the past year has been hard and different for EVERYONE for a multitude of reasons. 

I believe there has also been joy, though. I know that my husband and our kids and I spent a lot of time last summer going on walks and hikes on our local trails. Yes, we were socially distancing and doing our best to keep others and ourselves safe but we were also TOGETHER a LOT! We were (and are) very thankful for that! We played a lot of games together (UNO Flip is a particular favorite). I learned that I can draw when my daughter started a doodle project that she invited others to participate in - in order to spread joy. I crocheted an entire blanket that looks like an old-fashioned patchwork quilt and we love it. We watched a lot of funny videos because laughing helps SO MUCH! My kids started playing Among Us then got their friends to play with them virtually. We continued to practice our daily Gratitude and we prayed - a lot.

It's true that I didn't blog. I wrote fiction here and there but not really all that much. I was at a loss for direction with my own writing when our world was in turmoil in so many ways. I felt like writing fiction and love stories was a little frivolous. I'm over that now, though! I feel that now more than ever the occupants of planet earth need good stories with happy endings and I hope to provide some of them. I need to focus on revision and get my series done and submitted but I feel like I can work on that again - one day at a time. 

How have you all been doing? What did you struggle with and how have you endured and come through this past year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment