Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Review: Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts

36425796

I LOVE this book! This is an instant favorite for me. This is a seriously intense book in parts because it deals with a shooting and all sorts of aftermath related to the shooting. I admit that I had some reluctance about reading this book for that very fact. However, I feel Nora Roberts did an outstanding job in the way she wrote about such a sensitive - and unfortunately, an all-too-real - topic. I admire that she addressed not only the victims of the shooting but how those who lived through it lived their lives afterward. 

This is a romantic suspense so the main male and female protagonists obviously meet and fall in love but in my opinion that was a somewhat secondary story line. I wasn't bothered by this because I felt it was so important to see how Reed and Simone grew after the shooting - and how they dealt with it.

I did cry while reading this book, more than once. I got angry while reading it, also more than once. However, I laughed, cheered, sighed a lot and overall believed in the power of good over evil. Oh, and I adore CiCi! She is Simone's grandma and their relationship is AMAZING! Truthfully, I think it's worth it to read this book for their relationship alone!

I posted this review on my GoodReads page, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment