Pages

Monday, April 30, 2018

Dewy's 24 Hour readathon

No automatic alt text available.

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon was this past Saturday. Here is the stack of books (plus books on my Nook) that I had hoped to read. It wasn't the most productive reading event as it turned out. I did get to read for all of about two hours out of the twenty-four. I didn't participate in one challenge or even get to interact all that much with other readers. I guess it just wasn't meant to be this April. The good news is that there will be another chance on October 20, 2018. I have marked it on my calendar already and plan to have books and food in place by the Friday before the event. I also plan on saying no to anything else people want to plan for that day. My daughters wholeheartedly agree. They want to spend the day in pajamas, reading books together and sharing yummy snacks. Since it will be in October (and hopefully cold - it can be hot as heck here in October!) they want hot cocoa, too. Not wishing our time away but still looking forward to the next readathon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment