Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

A November Wrap-Up

I am so very glad that it is December. Of course, I love November and NaNoWriMo and all things writing related. However, I am so glad to get back to a more relaxed, normal writing routine. I'm still writing everyday and will continue to do so. It's just that I'm not in a frenzy to write thousands of words per day. Well, I go for at least one thousand but that's quite different from the three thousand to six thousand I was writing per day in November. There were a couple of days that had less than that but not many. So, with the crazy writing schedule I managed to write an entire first draft of a novel. As many times as I've won NaNoWriMo I hadn't ever achieved this particular goal. It was my intention to do so this year and I am so pleased that I did. On top of that, I LOVE the story itself. I will definitely be editing this one and trying (and succeeding!) to get it published. Once the main novel was completed at around seventy-seven thousand words I started a second one and that is what I am will work on through December. My final word count for November is 100,207 words!

Last week I also participated in The Christmas Spirit Read-a-Thon. I finished Sandra Brown's Mean Streak and liked it a lot. I read Janet Dailey's A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree which was okay. I also started Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright. I am loving this book and will probably finish this one tonight.

I am pleased with the success of November. And now I am ready for all the family time and fun of December and Christmas! We started in on the fun last week but now that it's actually December it really kicks in around here. Enjoy the festive month everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment