Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

#Nerdlution Week One

This first week of #nerdlution has been a bit of a struggle for me. I suppose that's probably the case whenever one is attempting to improve their habits, though. I've gone from drinking relatively no water per day to fifty ounces per day. Honestly, each day I've had to force myself to drink the last few ounces. It's the knowing that I've made this public commitment that has me drinking the last little bit. It sounds (and reads) a little weird to struggle with something like drinking water but it's simply not easy for me. I'd rather have a coffee or a hot chocolate than a glass of water. I will say, that at the end of week one (and 350 ounces of water!) I feel healthier. Already my skin is less dry and I had less headaches this week.

The sit-ups are definitely challenging in that I can't do the 100 all at one time. I have to do fifty at a time. The last couple of days have been a little harder than the first few because the muscles being worked hurt when I do the sit-ups. But I know that's a good thing and a sign of things working.

Patience. This is where I thought I'd struggle but I have been much more patient this past week. I haven't been perfectly calm by any means but I've handled things that generally annoy me much better. My husband and children have noticed and they're the ones (along with myself, of course) I'm making this change for.

For me, #nerdlution is a success so far. I'm extremely pleased that I came across it on Twitter and decided to join in. I've been telling my family and friends about it and have a few willing to join in the next round. I've told them to join in now and we'll keep one another accountable. I'll let you know if they do.

1 comment:

  1. I love the goal of patience, and making it part of our daily lives. Take is slow and don't hurriedly react. I'm impressed with what you have done, and are doing, and spreading the news is a good thing.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete