Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Going to Camp

Well, I'm not literally going off to summer camp.  I am participating in Camp NaNoWriMo, though.  This is the summer version to November's National Novel Writing Month.  I wasn't going to do it this month.  I've been in a bit (okay, a lot) of a funk in regard to writing, publishing, etc.  I've just been feeling bad about it all after another round of no's for my novel that I've been shopping.

Then I saw something on Facebook today that gave me a much needed wakeup call.  It basically said, "Never Give Up."  I thought about the number of times I've suggested that other people not give up on their dreams and realized I'm not really practicing my own advice.  So, after giving myself a mental smack down, I'm not giving up.  I'm done being in a funk and I am back to writing.  I've set my camp word goal at 30,000 words for July and happy to say that I have written 1,200 today.

I'm never giving up.  I will continue forward, one word at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment