Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Zone

It's the final day for the Blogging From A to Z Challenge. So obviously today's letter is Z.

Zone: This word means two things to me as a writer. It means to be 'in the zone" and to 'zone out". Both of these are equally important to me, too. Being in the zone as a writer is the most fabulous thing. It means the words are flowing, the characters are being cooperative and the writing is going better than I imagined it would. I love, love, love being in the zone with a story. It happens more frequently than it used to now that I write on a daily basis. It must be that whole practice thing.

To zone out is a great thing for me, too. If I am having trouble with a story and a break or exercise hasn't helped zoning out will. What do I mean by zone out? Well, for me, zoning out is like daydreaming except I'm consciously thinking about the story and the characters and whatever problem or situation they're facing. It's amazingly helpful.

Thank you so much to any and everyone who has stopped by my blog during this challenge. I have loved this so much! I have found a few new blogs myself. And there are more I will still visit. I will definitely participate in this challenge again. I am also happy to say that I have a renewed love and inspiration for my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment