Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Blogging From A to Z: Family

The Blogging From A to Z Challenge continues today with the letter F.

Family: Family is my number one priority. So it is not a surprise to me that family was the first thing I thought of for the letter F in this challenge. My husband and our daughters mean the world to me. My husband and I often joke that our kids have a busier schedule than we do. It amazes me how many things related to school (that aren't actually done during the school day) fill up their non-school hours. And I do my best to be involved in as much of it as possible. This was something that my husband and I agreed upon before we even had children. So, there are times (this week and next, for example) when my writing is scheduled around many hours at or for their school. I don't mind it and actually cherish the fact that I'm able to do this for my kids.

I will admit that I used to get a little cranky when I was getting my time to write, though. However, making the commitment to myself to write daily had a positive impact on my family as well as myself. They know I have daily goals for my writing that must be met and are very supportive. My husband doesn't always like the topic I'm writing about but I can always count on him to be a sounding board when I need one. Our daughters have taken to writing their own stories, which I love so very, very much. Someone asked my youngest daughter who her favorite author is and she said, "My mom." It made me teary-eyed, of course. My daughters also illustrate covers for my books. They haven't read any of my books yet because I don't write children's books but they are still so adorably supportive. I love all of them so much.

Thank you for stopping by. Please come back tomorrow if you'd like to read about my writing goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment