Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Music

Today’s Blogging From A to Z Challenge letter is M.

Music: This was another definite topic for me to blog about. I am, and always have been, extremely inspired by music. The majority of my childhood memories have music attached to them in some fashion. Of course, as a teenager, music ruled my life. I discovered the ever so amazing Duran Duran at the age of twelve and have never stopped loving them. My daughters even love them, thanks to the fact that they have always been exposed to their music.

Music inspired me as a writer as well. The majority of the time when I’m writing, I’m listening to music. All of my books and stories have a soundtrack. Now, whenever I hear a song that I associated with writing one of those books, I think of that book and those characters. It seems a little funny and yet I’m certain I can’t be the only writer who does this.

Right now, my main female character is a flute player in a symphony. This is proving to be a very fun person for me to write as I was a flute player through school. I’m enjoying writing about what it’s like to be a part of the world of classical music and auditions and rehearsals and the thrill of performing. I’m also rediscovering a love for classical music through listening to it. Another positive to this is that my kids have discovered they like classical music, too. They even want to be in band! Right now they’re saying they want to play flute but I’ll understand if they change their minds. J

We love all kinds of music around my house. Duran Duran and classical, as mentioned but also Country, some Top 40 and my husband loves hard core techno. And it’s all inspiring to me as a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment