Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Book review: Legacy by Nora Roberts

 

This is a great book that I give 4.5 stars. It is very modern but with a lot of Nora Roberts' classic elements: family, small town living and pets as characters. I really enjoyed this book! Adrian is a very strong character from page one. She has a somewhat difficult relationship with her mom and a trauma in the very beginning that aids in her strength, I believe. Adrian is a very strong woman who is driven and surrounds herself with family - both biological and friends who become family.

Raylan is also a great and strong character. He deals with the unexpected and tragic twists in his life in a very believable way. You will need some Kleenex at the ready while reading this book. I have no shame in admitting this book made me cry several times!

There is some romance in this story but it is not the main gist of the book.

My reasons for giving this book 4.5 stars instead of 5 are admittedly nitpicky on my part. They really aren't a deterrent. This is a well-paced, well-written story that I feel very happy to recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment