Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Review: The President's Henchman by Joseph Flynn

6726119

I posted this review on GoodReads also.

I LOVED this book! It was recommended to me by a friend and I'm so glad I read it! It's the first in a series and I've already got the second book ready to go.

Jim McGill is the husband to the first female president of the United States. As a retired Chief of Police he isn't interested in being idle during his wife's years as president. He goes to work as a Private Investigator in Washington D.C. - much to the annoyance of the head of the Secret Service.

This book is full of twists and turns - both politically and personally - but it is thoroughly entertaining. McGill and Patti (his wife and the president) have their plates full adjusting to their new lives but they handle it with class, intelligence and a smidge of under-handedness but done for all the right reasons.

There is a large cast of characters in this book but Flynn does a good job making all of them believable and fleshed out. The story lines were tied up in a satisfactory way by the end of the book. And there was a cliffhanger that made me want to immediately buy the second book in the series. I look forward to continuing on this fictional journey of McGill's and Patti's.

1 comment:

  1. This book is all about family, loyalty and love of country. It does not rely on foul language or violence to put together a good read.

    ReplyDelete