Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Blogging From A - Z Challenge

The other day I was thinking about taking part in NaBloPoMo for April. I went to BlogHer which is where they list the theme for each month and found something entirely new to me: Blogging From A to Z Challenge. This is a challenge that started in 2010 but somehow I have managed to completely miss this one. I am going to do it this year, though.

The premise of the challenge is to subtract Sunday's from April and blog the remaining twenty-six days of the month. To add a little more fun, choose a theme and blog about that all month. So whatever your theme is, on April first use the letter A in conjunction with it and write a blog post. On April second use the letter B, on April third use the letter C and so on through Z (leaving out Sunday's). You can be as creative as you like but they do prefer at least a one hundred word blog post. You can click the link above for all of the details regarding the challenge. You can find the link to sign up for the challenge if you wish to take part from there, as well.

I was immediately enthralled with this challenge but drew a blank as to what I want to blog about all through April. My husband suggested that I write pieces of short fiction that coincide with the appropriate letters. I like that idea and went about making an A - Z list of ideas and topics to write about. While doing this I kept thinking about all of the day-to-day things that come into play in my writing life. Then I thought; why not blog about just that all month? The idea has stuck with me. I even woke up in the middle of the night thinking about it. So obviously I'm going with this idea. I'll save my husband's original suggestion for a future challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment